The Australian Government’s policy is that receiving a COVID-19 vaccination is free and voluntary, with an aim to have as many Australians vaccinated as possible, however that doesn’t necessarily mean that workplaces can compel employees to get vaccinated.
With the increasing availability of COVID-19 vaccinations, employers and employees are encouraged to work together to find solutions that suit their individual needs and workplaces.
It is important for employers to understand their rights and obligations when it comes to COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace.
The Fair Work Ombudsman provides a long list of questions and information about rights and obligations in the workplace including:
- Can an employer require an employee to get vaccinated?
- Do employees have to be paid for the time to get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Can employees take sick leave to get vaccinated against COVID-19?
- Can employees take paid time off if they feel unwell after being vaccinated?
- What happens if an employee refuses to get vaccinated?
For more information visit https://coronavirus.fairwork.gov.au/coronavirus-and-australian-workplace-laws/covid-19-vaccinations-and-the-workplace/covid-19-vaccinations-workplace-rights-and-obligations
Yield Business Advisory
Yield Business Advisory has a team of qualified experienced professionals to guide clients through the many challenges they may face.
We offer comprehensive business advice and financial solutions, and can assist in the following areas:
- Business and product profitability reviews
- Analysis of key performance indicators
- Analysis of industry benchmarking
- Assist with the purchase and sale of a business
- Bank finance and funding reviews
- Employer obligations
- Business restructuring
- Strategic planning
- Asset protection strategies
- Business valuations.
- Family and business succession and estate planning
Contact us today to see how we can help you and your business.
Phone: 08 8562 4332
Email Yield Business Advisory